A diet can only work if you follow it properly, and intermittent fasting is one such diet that needs a lot of dedication. Intermittent fasting has changed many people's lives. It has taught people mindful eating. It is an effective diet but needs to be done with discipline.
Many truly want to follow the diet for results but need help to incorporate it into their busy lifestyle. We have a few solutions for those looking for ways to adhere to the diet.
Since you have a busy schedule, planning ahead will be beneficial. Make a weekly plan for yourself. Since intermittent fasting is all about eating at certain times, you can plan when you have time to eat and fast by looking at your schedule.
Create a calendar and mention at what time will your eating window start.
Choose the One That Fits Your Schedule.
There are different types of fasting regimes:
- 16:8 Fasting - You fast for 16 hours and have all your meals in an 8-hour eating window.
- 18:6 Fasting- You fast for 18 hours and eat in a 6-hour eating window.
- 5:2 Diet - You normally eat for 5 days a week. For the rest two days, you will reduce your calorie intake drastically.
- Weekly Fast: You do not eat anything for any one day a week.
- Alternate Dat Fasting: You fast every other day. You can eat how much ever you want on the other days.
- OMAD: You eat only one meal a day. You can have a small serving of fruits and dry fruits during the day. The eating window is usually only for 4 hours. If you are following this, you must have a large and proper meal.
Pick the one that suits your lifestyle. You can experiment and choose the one that works well for you. Design an intermittent fasting routine where you look for default fasting hours.
Default fasting hours are when you usually do not have time to eat as you are engaged in other work or are not hungry.
For example, when you are sleeping or meeting. When planning, look for areas where you have to consume food. For example, company parties or team dinners. In this way, you are working on your diet and will not feel pressured.
Plan Your Food
Create a schedule beforehand on what you are going to eat each day. Try and prepare your food earlier. Ensure you have your healthy meal ready when you break your fast. This will help you stay on track and not fall for unhealthy snacks. You can meal prep for 2 days.
Consume Lots of Water
A busy schedule or lifestyle tires people out, and fasting can make you feel even more tired. The urge to break the fast early or have a small snack can enter your mind. Do not fall for it. Instead, drink plenty of water.
Water will help you stay for a long period to make it to your first meal without breaking your fast. When you drink a lot of water, your metabolism will increase, and you won't feel like you are starving.
Even if you have a busy schedule, you can incorporate intermittent fasting with these tips.